What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect personal identification information from individuals in a variety of ways including, but not limited to when individuals visit our website, fill out forms, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we may make available through the Registry system. Individuals applying to become members or approved trainers are asked for their name, address, personal and work phone numbers, personal email address, birth date, and lost five digits of their Social Security number. Membership is completely voluntary and individuals are free to visit the website without providing any identifying information.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
- To tell you apart from other people with the same or similar name. Information such as birth date and last five digits of Social Security help us create a unique account for each member to eliminate duplicate records and ensure that their data is complete and accurate
- To verify the information you submit, decide the career pathways category you are eligible for, and to give you credit for the training you have attended
- To send our members information they agree to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
- To make reports, do research, do audits, evaluate our programs, and for other administrative purposes
Do You Have to Answer the Questions We Ask?
You do not have to give us your personal information. We need this information to properly track your training, education, and experience. If you chose not to provide accurate personal information, we may not be able to give you credit for training you attend, or provide a complete record of your training, education, and experience.
What Non-personal Information Do We Collect?
We may also collect non-personal identification information about individuals whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized and other similar information.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, and data stored on our Site. Only authorized staff has access to your information.
Do We Share Your Personal Information With Others?
We do not sell, trade, or rent members personal identification information to others. We do not share member contact information with any commercial entity. We do share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information for state and federal reporting purposes. We may also share your information with agencies and entities who need the information to do their jobs, such as:
- North Dakota Department of Human Services and state child care licensing representatives
- Personnel who require the data to administer or evaluate the child care assistance program
- Personnel of the state quality rating system, Bright and Early, who require the information to determine program qualifications
- Personnel of the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction as needed to determine early childhood workforce qualifications
- An individual’s employer for the purposes of verifying an employee’s training, education and employment history
- Any agency or entity authorized by law to receive the information
What Are Your Rights Regarding the Information We Have About You?
- You may see and copy personal information we have about you. You may have to pay for copies.
- You may give other people permission to view and receive copies of the information in your record.
- You may question if the information we have about you is correct. Send your concerns in writing, telling us why you think the information is inaccurate or incomplete. Include your own explanation of the information you do not agree with. We will include your letter in your file.
- You have the right to ask us to share information with you in certain ways. For example, you may request that we send all communications to your home address rather than a work address. You must make your request in writing and if we find it to be reasonable, we will grant it.
- You have the right to ask us to limit how and with whom we share your information. Depending on how reasonable and/or feasible your request is, we may or may not be able to agree to your request.
- If you do not understand the information in your record, ask the Growing Futures Registry staff to explain it to you. You may contact us by phone or email.
What Are Our Responsibilities?
- We must protect the privacy of your personal information according to the terms of this policy.
- We may not use your information for any purpose other than those explained in this policy without your written consent. We cannot share your information with any person, agency, or entity other than those listed in this policy without your written consent.